Also known as VoxelMap, Zan’s Minimap is an addon for Minecraft that gives you a full-featured minimap display similar to what you experience in popular MMORPGs like World of Warcraft, Guildwars, and similar games. Zans Minimap works with multiple versions of Minecraft including:
- Minecraft 1.8 (1.8.9)
- Minecraft 1.7.10
- Minecraft 1.7.2
- Minecraft 1.6.4
- Micecraft 1.6.2
- Minecraft 1.5.2
If you have ever used other Minecraft minimap adds such as Rei’s Minimap you will be familiar with how the VoxelMap addon works and displays but there are a few features and customization options that make Zan’s Minimap easier to fit your specific needs. Some of the features of Zans Minimap include:
- Square minimap support so you can customize the look of the minimap on your screen.
- Beacons for any waypoints that you set.
- Map markers on death to display the last place that you died.
- Faster rendering than any other minimaps with similar features.
- Full customization menu to easily adjust your minimap settings.
- Radar modification to support multiplayer servers.
- Supports multiple mods including Aliens Motion Tracker
- Fully compatible with the Retro Sun Direction addon.
- Supports the use of 3rd party texture packs.
- Available in different languages.
How to install Zans Minimap (VoxelMap):
Before installing make sure that you create a full backup of your Minecraft.jar file to ensure you can recover in case anything goes wrong.
- Download and install the newest version of Modloader or install the latest Forge API version.
- Download the latest copy of VoxelMap for the appropriate Minecraft version you are using.
- Locate the Minecraf.jar file in %appdata%/.minecraft/bin (you can type that location in the start bar and hit enter).
- Open up your .jar with some type of software like 7zip or WinRAR.
- Extract the files from Zans Minimap and place them into the .jar file.
- To ensure there are no display and blank screen problems, delete the META-INF folder.
- That’s it! Check and see if Minecraft launches with the mod. It is recommended that you install the minimap addon onto a new server.
For Minecraft 1.9.4, 1.10.2
Zan’s Minimap mod For 1.8/1.8.9
Zan’s Minimap mod For 1.7.10 – Requires Liteloader
First Download and install Litloader 1.7.10 and run. Then get the Voxelmap mod file from link above. After that go to /.minecraft/mods folder and put the litemod file there. Finally, launch Minecraft using Liteloader profile.
Zan’s Minimap mod For 1.7.2:
Forge (voxelmap file jar) http://download.minecraftdata.com/?act=dl&id=141104211749
Vanilla ( zanMap 1.7.2 File Zip) http://download.minecraftdata.com/?act=dl&id=141104211912
Zan’s Minimap mod For 1.6.4 (Recommended Forge):
Zan’s Minimap mod For 1.6.2 (Recommended Forge):
Zan’s Minimap mod For 1.5.2:
Credit by MamiyaOtaru