If you want to empower yourself with information regarding your surroundings, then you should definitely consider using the Xaero’s World Map mod.
There are lots of other mods available for Minecraft that add fully functional maps to the game but what sets this particular mod apart from them is the fact that the map that it brings to the table is actually full-screen and isn’t a tiny little mini-map that’ll hang on some corner of your screen. Out of the few full-screen world map mods available for Minecraft, Xaero’s World Map is probably the best option right now.
- Xaero’s Minimap integration. Minimap will display chunks loaded by the world map. World map will display waypoints from Xaero’s Minimap. Also works with Better PVP mod 1.11.2
How to install?
- Simply download the Minecraft Forge 1.11.2 latest version and run it.
- Download the Xaero’s World Map Mod.
- Type %appdata%/.minecraft/mods on the Start Menu
- Move the zip or Jar file to the folder “mods”
- You’re ready to play!
Readmore: Xaero’s World Map Mod 1.11.2