This mod expands your F3 screen to indicate whether you’re in a slime-spawning area. It takes both slime chunks and swamps into account, and also checks the height. In swamps, the mod will also tell you the effect of the lunar phase on the slime spawn rate. Additionally, it displays the numeric world seed in SSP.
Vanilla Mod (JAR Mod)
Only provides the functionality described above. Use this one if you don’t want to install Forge. It does not work in SMP and it may cause conflicts with other mods that aren’t explicitly supported.
This version can also be used in SMP. By default it will only react to swamp biomes. To enable slime chunk detection in SMP, you can either install this mod on the server as well (requires forge server), or manually set the seed in the config file (usually at
When installed on a server, the mod will not expose the map seed. It will only tell the clients with this mod installed whether or not the chunks around them are slime chunks. Thus, you won’t be able to see the map seed in SMP with this mod, even if it’s running on the server.
Slime Mod output
How to install:
Minecraft 1.7.x (1.6.x) (new launcher)
- Download the mod
- If you haven’t done so already, start the official launcher to download the version of Minecraft you want to use (e.g., 1.7.x)
- Go to the “>versions” folder inside your minecraft installation (by default
- Create a copy of the folder whose name corresponds to the Minecraft version you want to use and name it however you want (e.g., 1.7.x_modded)
- Inside that folder, rename the existing .jar and .json files according to the folder name you just chose
- Open up the .json file in a text editor and replace the contents of the second pair of quotes with the folder name. For example, change
- Do steps 2-6 listed below (for Minecraft 1.5.2 and below), using the jar file you just renamed instead of minecraft.jar
- Start the official Minecraft launcher, click on “Edit Profile“, and, under “Use version”, select your newly created version (in this case, 1.7.x_modded)
- Save the profile, click “Play” and enjoy
Minecraft 1.5.2 and below (old launcher)
To install a Minecraft mod from this site, simply copy the contents of the downloaded zip file (usually one or more .class files) into your minecraft.jar file, overwriting any existing files. You also have to delete the META-INF folder inside minecraft.jar if you haven’t done so before.
Here’s a step-by-step guide using WinRAR (or any other capable archiving tool with a GUI):
- Download the mod.
- Open both the downloaded mod and minecraft.jar (in your minecraft/bin folder, which is by default %appdata%/.minecraft/bin on Windows) with WinRAR.
- Bring the minecraft.jar window to front, select the META-INF folder and press the delete button at the top. You may have already done this step before for another mod.
- Bring the window of the mod archive to front and select all files and folders inside the archive.
- Drag and drop the selection into the minecraft.jar archive’s window, or: press CTRL+C, bring the minecraft.jar window to front and then press CTRL+V.
- Close both WinRAR windows and start Minecraft.
For compatibility versions, install the mod you downloaded here last. If you use any kind of launcher with mod management, it should allow you to specify an order in which the mods are loaded. For example, with Magic Launcher, make sure that the mod is listed below the mod it provides compatibility for.