Have you installed a mod for Minecraft that adds new critters or changes the gameplay in some way but still uses the same audio? If so you may need to install AudioMod to get access to audio features that you need.
While there are not a lot of inherent features with AudiMod, it provides the resources and tools necessary for sound items to be changed. Here are a few reasons that regular players and Minecraft mod developers should use the AudioMod Minecraft addon:
For regular users: If you are a regular player, the AudioMod allows your other mods to play different sounds. If you have a different addon already installed that you need to have different sounds for, the AudioMod Minecraft addon is exactly what you will need. This addon is perfect with other mods, especially those that add different critters and you want them to sound differently.
For mod developers: if you create your own mods and want to allow users to easily hear different sound effects for items within your mod, working with the AudioMod Minecraft addon is a quick, efficient, and easy way to give anyone who uses your addon the ability to hear custom sounds.
Here is how you install AudioMod for Minecraft:
- Download the appropriate version of ModLoader for your Minecraft installation.
- Depending on your local Minecraft, download the appropriate AudioMod download (it is currently available for 1.5.2 or 1.6.2 versions).
- Extract the components from the download.
- Locate your Minecraft appdata folder open the main Minecraft .jar file with a program like WinRAR.
- Add the AudioMod files you extracted from step 3 to your mods folder.
- Delete the Meta INF folder to ensure there are no errors with your installation.
- That’s it; you can now use new sounds with your Minecraft installation.
Download Links: AUDIO MOD